Technical Training Program for
VALUE STREAM MAPPING
- The course will deal with case studies explaining various tools and different industrial scenarios. Further, group exercises with hands-on construction and improvement of value stream maps would improvise the situations and understand the methodology quickly.
- Case study and group exercise with hands-on construction and improvement of value stream maps would enable participants to identify improvement opportunities in the process and enhance process benefits.
- 3 To 4 Days
Value Stream Mapping Course Content
- Understanding customer value
- Value add, value enabling and non-value adding activities
- Elements of a Value Stream Map
- Material flows and information flows
- Value stream metrics
- Construction of As-Is VSM (Current VSM)
- Data Collection Methods
- Establishing Baseline performance
- Identifying Improvement opportunities through wastes
- Identifying bottle neck operations
- Talk time analysis & Work balancing graph
- Developing an ideal future state: Customer , demand , Continuous flow , Leveling
- Kaizen Improvement plans
- Box score and before/after comparison
Value Stream Mapping Course Objective
This two day Value Stream Mapping training course uses a blend of theory and practical exercises. During the Value Stream Mapping course delegates will develop an understanding of:
- Customer value and the key elements and methods of Value Stream Mapping.
- How to define and analyse the current state value stream map—material and information flows.
- The three stages to develop an ideal future state map.
- How to derive a kaizen improvement plan.