- This event has passed.
One Point Lesson
January 3 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Top Management and Lean Co-ordinator :
What is a One Point Lesson (OPL) ?
A One Point Lesson is a 5 to 10 minutes learning tool, which normally take less than 15 minutes to write.
It is a lesson on a single topic/point, on one sheet of paper
It normally consists of 80% diagram and 20% words all produced by hand.
It is generally prepared by supervisors or group leaders and sometimes by operators.
Types of OPL :
1.Basic information sheet: essential basic information — practical know-how and know how of methods:
- Maintenance activities as e.g. filter changing.
- Small repair works.
- Setting of machine functions.
- Cleaning and checking.
- Reason for quality loss.
- Problem case study sheet: teaches how to prevent recurrence of an actual equipment problem.
- Improvement I Kaizen lessons study case: describes the approach and key measures in a successful improvement case study.
Key points to remember when writing OPL’s
Only One Point illustrated on a single sheet of paper.
- As many senses as possible should be addressed (next slide) .
- It must be written As Simple As Possible.
- It should take approximately 15 minutes to write using a pencil. pen or felt tips.
- When words are used, they should be ALL capitals.
Speaker- MR.NIRAV TRIVEDI