- May 26, 2018
- Posted by: saloni kapadiya
- Category: Marketing/Branding, startup business, strategy, success, Uncategorized
WHAT IS BRAND AND BRAND BUILDING ?
Brand is an intangible asset which is actually an idea which people trust and therefore a market is created. It is also about creating ability amongst people to choose your brand over other brand which will make your brand a successful brand. Brand building will more understandable later on this page.
The brands which makes trustworthy promises and takes care of ethical business practices gets marked with strong market position. If the brand fails to mean, the customers will stop buying that particular brand’s products.
Brand building is important as any other process or strategy carried out in a firm. Successful firm depends on successful brand. Brand name is all what people knows so it should have connectivity and relevance to people.
9 STEPS OF BRAND BUILDING
STEP 1 – DETERMINING TARGET AUDIENCE
- It is very much important to have a clearly defined and well-understood target audience and market for a successful firm.
- The narrower the focus, the faster the growth. The more diverse the target audience, the more diluted your marketing efforts will be, so this should be taken into account for a great brand name.
- High profit firms are focused on having clearly defined target clients.
- A successful brand is all about “for someone.” No brand can try to be everything for everyone and hope to be successful.
STEP 2 – RESEARCH ABOUT TARGET AUDIENCE
- Proper research for target audience leads the firm to be more profitable.
- Researching can help understand clients perceptions and priorities and know about their needs and put your message in language that resonates with them.
- It lowers the marketing risk associated with brand development as people can be aware about firm’s strengths and current brand.
STEP 3 – KEY QUALITIES AND BENEFITS FOR A SUCCESSFUL BRAND
- Firm has to figure out what they offer, that no one else is offering, which means uniqueness matters.
- Qualities and benefits of the products should be focused on to create a trustworthy image.
- It is important to give them a reason to choose your brand over another.
STEP 4 – BRAND NAME, LOGO AND TAGLINE
- The most important piece of the brand building process, is to create a brand logo and tagline for a successful firm.
- Be willing to invest the time and money by creating something exceptional to reinforce the visual identity for your business as logo will appear on everything that relates to your business. It will become your identity, calling card, and the visual recognition of your promise.
- A successful brands includes things such as Logo size and placement, Color palette, Typography and fonts, Iconography, Photography/image style and Web elements.
STEP 5 – MARKETING STRATEGY
- Content marketing strategy is like traditional marketing but it is more efficient in this internet age.
- It uses valuable educational content to attract, nurture and qualify prospects..
- Content marketing increases both visibility and reputation at the same time which leads to a successful brand.
- It is the best way to make your brand suited to your target audiences.
STEP 6 – TRANSPARENCY AND TRUTHFULNESS
- For a successful brand it is very important to create faith in people.
- Lying can be expensive later because to to lie one has to pile up several lies and one day some one will discover it, therefore lack of transparency will lead to breakage of trust in clients.
- Transparency is very important to build credibility of the firm.
STEP 7 – EMOTIONAL CONNECTIVITY
- To evoke appropriate emotions businesses can vastly improve brand by giving a good name.
- Emotional connectivity is about tapping into an underlying emotional need state that may not be immediately obvious.
- Firm can even use some emotional music for branding.
- For example Surf exel’s ads always have an emotional message connected with their advertisements.
STEP 8 – PREMIUM POSITION
- To truely be a successful brand brand, it should have something of a premium position.
- Without a premium brand perception, your firm will not be in a position to command premium fees.
- If a firm is really that good, it should command a premium for a successful brand.
STEP 9 – IMPLEMENTATION AND ADJUSTMENTS
- People gets so busy with other works that they forget about brand building strategy, this why implementation and tracking is strongly recommended for a successful brand
- Only by implementing and tracking the a firm can know that it is drawing the right conclusions and sometimes it may happen that a firm needs to make the right adjustments.
These steps of brand building can help and improvise a firm to convert into a successful firm and a successful brand which can be totally ready to hold a good market position.