12 Step of TPM Implementation| How to Implement TPM?
Few Things we will cover in this post of 12 steps of TPM implementation
- How to Apply TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)? Preface of TPM
- 8 Pillars of Total Productive Maintenance
- Benefits of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- 12 steps of TPM Implementation
Also watch TPM Video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-YccQYqRr4&t=22s
How to Apply TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)?
- TPM’s full form is ” Total Productive Maintenance “and it’s a strong relationship between Productivity and Maintenance.
- It tells us about of our equipment can give us good productivity.
- TPM is each about ownership and continual improvement.
- It allows the machine operator to maintain and operate the machine in good condition.
- Total Productive Maintenance helps company for Effective and Efficiency Productivity
- The goal of TPM is zero accidents, zero breakdowns, and zero defects.
- There’s very tough competition in today’s scenario and it’s adding day by day.
- So client concentrates on Product Quality, Delivery Time, and Cost of Product.
- To fulfill the client’s conditions we need to apply several systems at our place also.
- Relate to this structure for a Detailed presentation of 8 Pillars of Total Productive Maintenance.
- TPM focuses on improvement planning and scheduling.
- Also, concentrate on different wasteful activities like 16 Major Losses of Production and 6 Big Losses of OEE.
Also read, https://greendot.co.in/?s=16+losses
Benefits of Total Productive Maintenance
- The major benefits are mentioned below
- Increase Productivity and OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency)
- Reduce client complaints.
- Reduce production costs.
- Increase client satisfaction by delivering the right Quality Product, at the right time with the right cost-benefit for the client.
- Reduce accidents.
- Morale and motivation improve an employee’s attitude change of operator from
- “We operate you maintain “to” We operate we maintain”.
12 steps of TPM Implementation
→ 12 steps for the Implementation of TPM are mentioned below.
- Declaration by top management to introduce TPM
- Education and training about the TPM campaign
- Development of the committee for TPM promotion in the association
- The setting of basic TPM principles and targets
- Preparation of a master plan for implementing TPM
- Kick-off of TPM
- Establishment of a system for improving the efficiency of the production
- Establishment of an initial control system for new products and new outfit
- Establishment of quality maintenance systems
- Establishment of a system for improving the efficiency of administration and Other departments
- Establishment of systems for the control of safety, health, and the environment
- Complete implementation of TPM and level improvement
Step 1 Declaration by top management to introduce Total Productive Maintenance
- The Declaration of the top management about the implementation of TPM in the company should be communicated across the association by a common communication medium.
- The common communication medium may be a notice board, email communication, or an internal newsletter.
Step 2 Education and training about the Total Productive Maintenance
- TPM training needs to give to all workers of the company.
- As per the grade and responsibility, the training course needs to design and training should be given.
- We can give training in any medium like classroom training, virtual training, videotape lecture, etc.
Step 3 Formation of the committee for TPM promotion in the association
- The committee and specialized subcommittee need to be formed for the promotion of the TPM within the company.
- The promotion activity can be done with the help of several publications like newsletters, papers, videos, poster, etc.
Step 4 Setting of basic TPM principles and targets
- Business objectives, marks, and targets need to decide for this improvement journey.
- As per the current situation, we need to establish the baseline data for all the organizational KPIs.
- The setting of SMART goals is Specific, Measurable, Attainable/ Achievable, Realistic, and Time- based.
Step 5 Preparation of a master plan for implementing
- Prepare the master plan for TPM implementation and also mention the target date and responsibilities.
- Generally, the time period should be around 3 years but now, it’s decided by the company.
- The base of the master plan, formulate the periodic, daily, and yearly planning.
Step 6 Kick-off of Total Productive Maintenance
- The top management publicly announces the implementation of TPM within the company.
- Also communicate the same to several stakeholders like clients, merchandisers, and several statutory and nonsupervisory bodies.
- Also, several stakeholders are invited during the kick-off meeting.
- Total Productive Maintenance implement exercise starts from this step.
Step 7 Establishment of a system for perfecting the effectiveness of the production
- This step is related to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the production.
- For improving productivity and production efficiency we need to implement various 4 pillars of TPM at the production shop floor in this step.
– Kobetsu-Kaizen (focus improvement)
– Jishu-Hozen (Autonomous Maintenance)
– Planned Maintenance
– Training & Education Pillar
1. Implementation of Kobetsu-Kaizen or we can say that focused improvement
- In these pillars, the project team initiate several activities and a Workshop on small-group activities that are related to small improvements at the production floor.
2. Implementation of Jishu-Hozen (Autonomous Maintenance) pillars
- Apply the 7 Step system of Jishu Hozen (Autonomous Maintenance).
- Develop an independent Maintenance program for drivers.
3. Implementation of Planned Maintenance pillars
- Apply the colorful Maintenance practices like corrective Maintenance, Periodic Maintenance, predictive Maintenance, etc.
- Develop a Preventative Maintenance plan for barring breakdowns of equipment.
- It’ll help us to maintain zero breakdowns.
4. Implementation of Training & Education Pillar
- Give train to all team members about the every pillars, skill, and activity
Step 8 Establishment of an initial control system for new products and new equipment
- In this step, we need to implement an early equipment management pillar for new product and equipment development.
- So, we can fluently get rated output from equipment in a short time period.
Step 9 Establishment of quality Maintenance systems
- In this step, we need to apply the Quality Maintenance pillar.
- It’ll help us maintain the zero-defect generation from the machine.
Step 10 Establishment of a system for improving the efficiency of administration
- In this step, we need to implement the Administration & Officer TPM.
- This pillar is related to other departments’ places for supporting the Production department.
Step 11 Establishment of systems for the control of safety, health, and the Environment
- In this step, we need to apply the safety, health, and Environment pillar of TPM.
- This pillar helps to maintain zero accidents.
Step 12 Complete Implement and Level Improvement
- In this step, we should go for the participation of the TPM award.
- Also, we need to improve our TPM level as per the Several situations.
- Also, we need to take strong targets for next year.
- What Is 5s System& why 5s fail ➡ What Is 5s System Honest Video,
- How can you beat covid-19 by implementing 5S Japanese Practice
- How to Reduce Inventory, Inventory Management Tool & Tactics
- What Is Kaizen, What Is Kaizen With Example, non- value added activity, Kaizen muda
- One Point Lesson | one point lesson types & example |TPM one point lesson | OPL explain
- Learn The 7 Wastes Of Lean ➡ The 7 Wastes of Lean for Frontline Kaizen -Lean Manufacturing Training
- Overall Equipment Efficiency What Is OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness Solution
- What is Lean Manufacturing | Lean tool crash course | lean Manufacturing in 5 min | Lean in Hindi
- 8 Wastes of Lean, lean manufacturing
- Lean Implementation, benefit of lean, lean practice and how to implement lean tools
- SMART Goal Setting in Six SigmaThe post SMART Goal Setting in Six Sigma appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- 12 Step of TPM ImplementationThe post 12 Step of TPM Implementation appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- Muda Mura MuriThe post Muda Mura Muri appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- 7 Types of Abnormalities in TPMThe post 7 Types of Abnormalities in TPM appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- 8 Wastes of Lean ManufacturingThe post 8 Wastes of Lean Manufacturing appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- Cost of Quality vs Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)The post Cost of Quality vs Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- What is Lean Six Sigma ?The post What is Lean Six Sigma ? appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- Six Big Losses in OEEThe post Six Big Losses in OEE appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- Top Lean ToolsThe post Top Lean Tools appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.
- 5S in the Workplace | 5S ImplementationThe post 5S in the Workplace | 5S Implementation appeared first on Greendot Management Solutions.