Some Practical Strategies:
• Mornings can set the tone for the rest of your day. Taking a few minutes each morning to focus on self-care “can make a huge difference in your ability to respond gracefully to whatever comes your way,”
• When you are in your car/in a taxi, keep the radio off. Use that time to renew. To observe. To introspect.
• Take 15 minutes before you sleep to immerse yourself in peace. Just chill. Get comfortable with no noise. Get comfortable with yourself.
• Make your home a sanctuary. It’s a wild world (jungle?) out there. Create a deeply peaceful home environment. Reduce clutter. Cut back on the noise. Get one of those mobile water fountains.
• Take a daily vow of silence. This one isn’t just for monks. It’s for smart execs, entrepreneurs, business people.
Big idea here: talking consumes a ton of energy. I can’t believe how much some people talk.
• All day long. On their mobiles. At the water cooler. On the train home. Exhausting just watching them. Be silent for 15 minutes a day(at the very least). You’ll have more energy. More peace.More joy. Better performance.So chase – no, hunt peace down. Fight the noise. Get away from the maddening crowds – at least for a bit. You’ll be glad you did.