Evaluate how well your communication by responding to the following statements. make the options that are closest to your experience. be as honest as you can: if you answer is “never”, make an option 1; if it is “always”, make option 4; and so on. add your score together, and refer to the analysis to see how skilled you are at communicating. use your answers to identify the areas that need improvement.
- Communicate the right message to the right person at the right time.
- I think carefully about a message before I decide how to communicate it.
- I project self-confidence and speak confidently.
- I welcome feedback about communication.
- I listen intently and check I have understood after I reply.
- I try to exclude person prejudices of all kinds when judging others.
- I am constructive and civil when I meet others.
- I take the time to give people the information they need and want.
- I use one to one meeting for review of performance.
- I question people to find out what they think and how they are getting on.
- I hand out written briefs that give all pertinent information on the task.
- Increased confidence and more effective decision making
- Improved influencing skills
- Enhanced customer satisfaction through clear and confident communication
- Problems solved through co-operation and communication
- Individuals empowered to develop, identify and deliver the best solutions
- Assertive behavior can reduce stress and increase well-being
- Communication becomes clearer and more concise, reducing misunderstandings and clarifying expectations both with customers and between colleagues
Training on communication skill Course Content
- Benefits of Assertive Communication
- Content & Context
- Appropriate Usage of Open & Closed Statements
- Importance of Professional Confidence and Assertiveness in the Workplace
- Verbal Assault
- Body Language
- Voice & Tone
- Recognizing Communication Standards
- Dealing with Questions
- Request Making and Refusing
- Positive / Proactive / Productive Approach
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
- This course is designed for anyone looking to improve their communication and assertiveness skills, to build more productive and successful relationships.
The Training On Communication Skill Training Methodology
- Participatory (Group Discussions, Games, Case Studies)
- Experiential (Film-based sessions, group activities)
- Cognitive (sessions using Psychology, Philosophy, Neuroscience & Popular Culture)
Duration 3 to 4 Hours