- April 19, 2015
- Posted by: greendot
- Category: Achievement, entrepreneur, Health, Self care
Self – Care? Before a few year it this word was not much important but now a days self- care is being taought in the schools as well ass in the University and there are subject in few colleges too.
Self-care comprises those activities performed independently by an individual to promote and maintain personal well-being throughout life.
As entrepreneurs, we wear many different hats – business owner, mom, Dad, advisor for the people who are in problem, leader for team, Parent for your child, Accountant for your Home budget and villain in some cases too. How many more roles we need to play ……just think of it. We take care of other and other matters so much that often our own selves come in last place. But then we feel frazzled, burned out, frustrated. Have you ever felt this way?
Learning how to take care of myself is a lesson that I continue to learn again and again. When I feel the overwhelmed feeling start to rise, or I look up from a hectic week and realize I haven’t had much time alone, I know I need to re-evaluate my self care regimen, which consists of my physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Here are some ways that I practice self-care:
1. SLEEP: We all know how important sleep is, as the life is getting hectic people have less sleep, spent more time on whats app as well as on the face book. Don’t let the demands of each day keep you from going to bed at a decent hour. If you have more to do, put it away and leave it till tomorrow.
- Meet God Through Medication: visiting Temple, Church, Mosque or Derasar are always the great time. Visit the holy place, Meditate, and rejuvenate your life. Spending few minutes in a week at holy place will help you to stay positive and productive.
- Exercise: getting up early morning and doing some exercises like walking, swimming, Cycling, will keep you Physically fit. Remember physical fitness lead to mental fitness. Mentally ill people will not become world class entrepreneur.
Self-care is not something that happens by accident, it’s something that you have to make a priority in your life.
- Food: Eating healthy food and avoiding junk food, or non vegetarian food will help you to boost your health. Food plays vital role with respect to your thinking, aging. Nutritional food reduces deficiency of vitamin and keep you productive too. Drink ample of water, eat fresh fruit and juices as well drink ample of water.
- Medical care: schedule those doctors appointments! Regular check up your body is really required. Major entrepreneur are reactive in majority cases at least avoid it for your health. Visit your doctor and get your body check up even though you are healthy fit and fine .
- Leisure activities: What do you love to do? What is FUN for you? Bike riding? Walking at your favorite park? Volunteering at an organization you love? Calling a friend to catchup. Do something fun and just for you this week.None of what I listed above probably shocked you… so why is this so hard for us to do? I think we forget that we’re stewards of our bodies that God has given us. We focus so much on others that we put ourselves last.
if you have like the article and think this will be useful to others to you are free to share it on face book and other media.