What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS ISO 18001 is designed to help organisations define occupational health and safety policies and objectives. It was first released in 1999 and revised in 2007. It is the world’s most recognized framework for occupational health and safety management systems. It is applicable to any organisation at any size, within any business sector. OHSAS ISO 18001 is largely aligned with the structure of ISO 14001 and is based on the two concepts of continual improvement and regulatory compliance.
Eliminating risks and hazards
OHSAS ISO 18001 measures your managements system with regards to several dimensions. The extent of application will depend on such factors as the occupational health and safety policy of the organization, the nature of its activities, and conditions under which it operates.
A successful management system should be based on:
- An occupational health and safety policy appropriate for the company
- Identification of occupational health and safety risks and legal requirements
- Objectives, targets, and programs that ensure continual improvements
- Management activities that control the occupational health and safety risks
- Monitoring of the occupational health and safety system performance
- Continual reviews, evaluation, and improvement of the system
Where do I go from here?
- You need to implement an effective management system complying with the requirements of the standard.green dot management consulting services Business Assurance is provide relevant training and consultation of your occupational health and safety system.