What is EMS ISO 14001?
EMS ISO 14001 specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives. The need to assess the business consequences of environmental aspects related to activities, products and services is increasingly frequent in a variety of scenarios including compliance with legislation, reducing pollution, improving environmental performance, risk assessment, obtaining loans and insurance, property evaluations and within the context of acquisitions and mergers. The new standard ISO 14015, Environmental assessment of sites and organizations, promises, therefore, to prove to be a major and timely tool for businesses?
Organizations are paying more and more attention to the business consequences of environmental aspects related to their activities, products and services. An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a set of policy measures, management actions, operating procedures, documentation and record keeping with defined responsibilities and accountability of personnel within an organization to address its environmental issues.
It is a problem identification and problem-solving tool, which can be implemented in an organization in different ways depending upon the needs and objectives of an organization.It provides a framework through which an organization can minimize the harmful effects of its activities on the environment. An EMS ISO 1400 (ISO 1400 up gradation) is a program of continuous environmental improvement following a defined sequence of steps drawn from established project management practice and routinely applied in business management. In simple terms, these steps can be outlined as follows:
Scope of services
- Design Documentation for form, Format, Policy, Environment plan, Emergency, Aspect Impact and many other part of it
- Designing Environmental Objective and monitoring
- Assessment for Aspect impact, Designing the Objective
- Risk assessment based on on the aspect and impact and control
- Defining Environment policy and procedure.
- Conducting internal audit, Management Review meeting and solving non conformance
- Assisting in selection of certification agency
- Preparing your organisation ready for EMS and getting audited from certification agency.
Benefit Of EMS ISO 14001
- Providing your company with assurance that you meet, and will continue to meet, your environmental management system commitments and corporate policy requirements.
- Providing potentially fewer surveillance visits from regulatory agencies.
- Showing your business partners, regulatory agencies, and community that you are environmentally responsible.
- Increasing competitiveness.
- Increasing profits through potential process improvements and energy conservation.
- Reducing your environmental liability.
- Reducing costs as a result of potentially lower insurance rates.
MoreVerifying your systems for recognizing and complying with environmental laws and regulations.Improving relationships with regulators – organizations that implement an ISO 14001 EMS often report improved relations with government regulatory agencies, find that regulators are quicker to provide technical support , and find that the regulators are much more supportive in general.
Capturing institutional knowledge –EMS ISO 14001 ensures this information is properly documented, communicated and retained. The cyclical nature of this management system further ensures all system information is reviewed and updated at least annually.Streamlining operations – organizations often realize monetary savings as a result of greater operational efficiency and energy conservation, and reduction in use of hazardous materials and generation of hazardous wastes.Increased awareness and participation – organizations benefit from better communication about environmental issues inside and outside the organization. ISO 14001 gives people an avenue to raise environmental issues and makes it clear that environmental performance is an important part of the corporate culture.Safety benefits ? by reviewing the procedures for controlling significant operations, including a review of emergency preparedness and response procedures, organizations are able to identify and implement significant safety improvements.
Major changes with ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management system
Increased in Accountability of Leadership- Now Top management involvement and the decision – making system will be more closely defined.
Life Cycle Approach – company need to be more focused on the life cycle of the product how ever formal analysis of the live cycle is not required.
Rethinking approach – The revision introduces the term ‘environmental condition’, which it defines as ‘long-term environmental changes that can affect the organisation’s activities, products and services, requiring adaptation’. This aim is to getting organisations thinking about the environment’s impact on them, rather than the impact they have on the environment, which is considered a significant weakness of the current version of ISO 14001 .
Risks and opportunities – There is a specific requirement to demonstrate how significant environmental risks and opportunities are managed within the supply chain. The organisation will need to show that it has made the link between environmentally driven issues and how they relate to the business, and how the interfaces with the business are managed.
Pro- active reporting – Much greater control and proactive approach to demonstrate that environmental data has been proactively used.
strengthen compliance – The clause on evaluation of compliance has been strengthened – previously there was a requirement to evaluate compliance, but in the proposed new standard, the requirement is to specify exactly how compliance is evaluated and recorded.
Continual improvement. There is a stronger emphasis on the requirement for continual improvement, with a specific clause in place, in line with the policy set by top management, so there should be less room for misinterpretation
How we are different for ISO 14001 EMS ?
- Result oriented process improvement base consultation
- Time bound completion of project
- Risk base audit and Assessment
- Qualified team to help you
- practical implementation with training
- Expertise of almost 15 years
- Cost effective
- Approved Consultant in NPC ( National Productivity Council )
- Help you get subsidy too.
- Expertise of Majority of legal requirement and compliance
- Experienced in Process, Manufacturing as well service industries too