- November 15, 2016
- Posted by: greendot
- Category: Family Management, HR, Human Resources, Manager, Motivation, Self care, startup business, success, Super Success, Young entrepreneur, youth
We should never step back when we fail. On contrary our mistakes are our great teachers and help us to grow. Throughout his life Swami Vivekananda advocated to march on and never look back at past mistakes and brood over them. His message is loud and clear:
“What is done is done …Do not repent;do not brood over past deeds…You can not undo, the effect must come, face it, but be careful never to do the same thing again.”
Examples of Swami Vivekananda`s winning formula
a) Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln`s life exemplifies implementation of Swami Vivekananda`s winning formula: “If you fail a thousand times, make the attempt once more.”
He failed bitterly in his attempts for three decades continuously, but every time he stuck to the winning formula. From 1830 to 1859 he faced several setbacks and defeats in all fields of his life covering business, securing job, entering politics. He took the tree as an example and remained unaffected by failures.
- 1831 – Lost hi job
- 1832 – Defeated in run for Illinois state Legislature.
- 1833 – Failed in business.
- 1835 – Sweethearts died.
- 1836 – Had nervous breakdown.
- 1838 – Defeated in run for Illinois House speaker.
- 1838 – Defeated in run for nomination for U. S. Congress.
- 1848 – Lost re-nomination.
- 1849 – Rejected for land officer position.
- 1854 – Defeated in run for U. S. Senate.
- 1856 – Defeated in run for nomination for vice President.
- 1858 – Again defeated in run for U. S. Senate.
- 1860 – Elected as U. S. President (Success). After bleeding for 29 years with incessant efforts and moving forward he was elected as President of United States in 1860. Lincoln`s life demonstrates that if we do not give up due to failures, we can surely attain success. b).The Wright Brothers repeated failures with aircraft design increase determination
- The whole word remembers Wright brothers for gifting aircraft to humanity. While designing the aircraft, Wright Brothers failed many times miserably. The more the failures, the greater was their determination to succeed. They put the first aircraft for field trial in the morning hours of 17th December – 1903 after extensive hard work of several years and the aircraft crashed after 12 seconds of flying. But this did not dampen their enthusiasm and they continued their incessant efforts with much more determination .Alas! The second design of the aircraft chose to embrace earth hurriedly by traveling 852 feet in 59 seconds rather than flying in air. The failure in succession multiplied the determination of Wright Brothers instead of discouraging them. The Wright Brothers continued further and designed third of Aircraft. What a pity! The third design of aircraft did not fly at all into the sky and deceived the Wright Brothers. But this did not debilitate the confidence of Wright Brothers. They Continued with their onward march for the next version of aircraft. After a lot of struggle the Wright Brothers came out in flying colors by successfully launching the aircraft that carried people across the countries.